The Microsoft Anti-Virus Protection suite provides full malware (anti-virus and spyware) protection. It contains advanced protection features to protect you and our campus community.
- Available to: Faculty, Staff, Students
- Where to use: Texas State Windows computers, personal computers
- Cost: Free
More About Windows Anti-Virus
Windows delivers comprehensive, built-in and ongoing security protections you can trust – including Windows Defender Antivirus, firewall, and more. By staying up to date, you’re assured of the latest features and protection at no extra cost to you.
- Microsoft Endpoint Protection is available to all Texas State Windows computers.
- Microsoft Security Essentials is free and available via Microsoft's website for use on personal Windows Vista and 7 computers.
- Windows Defender is automatically installed on Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 computers but must be turned on.