Distance Learning Platform (DLP)
The Distance Learning Platform (DLP) is technology installed in select academic classrooms that offer faculty a supported, professional audio and video educational environment for synchronous distance education.
- Available to: Faculty, Staff, Students
- Where to use: Select San Marcos and Round Rock Campus (RRC) classrooms
- Cost: Varies
More About the Distance Learning Platform (DLP)
- Point-to-Point location-based classroom environments connecting to any of the other DLP classrooms in both San Marcos and Round Rock.
- One-to-Many classroom environment whereby the instructor is in the classroom and the students connect from various off-campus locations
- Many-to-Many classroom environment whereby the instructor and students are in the same space and connecting to the DLP system via multiple devices in the room.
- Easy to use tablet display that controls all DLP functions
- Screen sharing
- Lecture capture with recording (via Zoom)
- Screen capture via the room's document camera
Anticipated Future Growth Opportunities
In the future, will offer standard, professional DLP packages for departmental purchase. This will include space consultation, installation, equipment, and room administrator training.