Department Funded Technology Purchasing (DFP)
Department Funded Purchases (DFP) can be used to purchase standard or customer Dell and Apple computers. IT Division staff are available to assist with these orders.
- Available to: Faculty and Staff
- Where to use: Texas State Windows or Mac computers
- Cost: Varies
More About Department Funded Technology Purchasing
New, improved order process!
Starting Oct. 31, 2018, the IT Division is offering a new easier way to order departmentally funded computers.
Just fill out one of the forms linked in the Helpful Links section, and we will help you complete your purchase.
The new system has many advantages:
- A simple electronic form to fill out
- Hardware experts from the IT Assistance Center and procurement specialists from IT Business Services working with you to perfect and expedite your order
- Help using technology-related GLs, storage location values, asset assignment, warranties, and more
- Improved tracking of vendor actions
- Education to help you order the right computer to meet your department’s needs
The new forms replace the previously used TSUS Marketplace DFP Computer order form.
Our standard Apple and Dell computers include desktop, laptop, and small laptop models that have been carefully selected to satisfy the needs of most faculty, staff, and students. They function well within the Texas State network environment and should handle supported Windows and Mac software for a minimum of four years.
Popular, beneficial, or cost effective options are available as upgrades on our standard computers for department funded purchases. Note: Due to specially negotiated pricing and logistic advantages, the standard models will generally offer better value and be delivered in less time than custom models.