Zoom is a web-conferencing tool. Its highly accessible features allow you to attend video or audio meetings, hold webinars, share presentations and transfer files, teach and attend online classes in real time, and much more. Meetings can be joined from desktop computers, laptops, tablets, or smartphones. Sessions can be recorded so those who cannot attend can still benefit from this tool.
- Available to: Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Where to use: Online, University-owned, and personal computers
- Cost: Free
More About Zoom
Zoom Pro gives you access to a wide range of features that allow many meeting participants, long meeting durations, advanced meeting controls, temporary cloud space where you can save recorded meetings for up to seven days, and more. You only need your NetID and password to access your Zoom Pro account.
Easy San Marcos-Round Rock Connections
Zoom Pro helps people on the San Marcos and Round Rock campuses communicate effectively and easily. The advanced HD video and audio allow cross-campus departments to communicate as if they are in the same room. The following tips will help simplify your meeting experience with Texas State's preferred videoconferencing tool.
Available by Request
In addition to Zoom Pro, the Division of Information Technology offers more meeting options to faculty and staff. By request, you can use Zoom Large Meeting and Webinars to enhance your web conferencing experience.
Large Meeting 500 Features
- Capacity for up to 500 participants
- Cloud recording (for up to seven days)
- Advanced meeting controls, such as enabling and disabling recording, chat, and notifications
- Participants collaborate, share audio, and share video
Webinar 300 or 500 Features
- Host online events with up to 300 or 500 participants
- Participant interaction is managed by Host and Panelists
- Event registration with email reminders